Sunday, September 18, 2011

Quotes of the Week (all of them)

These are the quotes that I have from The Morganville Vampires: The Dead Girls' Dance


  • In this quote, Michael is talking with Claire about what they are going to do to save Shane. "That's the only reason I'm letting you go. If I had any other choice-" "You do," she said. "We can all sit here and let him die. Or you can let Eve go on her wild rescue mission and get herself killed. Or you can let sweet , calm, reasonable Claire go do some talking." ... "Guess that means that there's no choice," he said. "Not really," Claire agreed. "I was kind of lying about the choice thing."



  • In this quote, Claire is saying why she is going to go talk to the top two vampires in the town. "Oh I am mousy," she said. "All this scares me. But I don't know what else to do, sir, except try. Even a mouse bites."



  • I love quotes that speak in third person... "Claire," Claire said, "decides for herself. In case you forgot." "Claire doesn't decide when it's something like this, because Claire is sixteen and Michael soesn't want to be explaining her tragic accidental death to her parents."
The next set of quotes come from The Morganville Vampires Midnight Alley.

  • Michael is a newly formed vampire. Need I say more? "He hadn't forgotten the arsenal of stakes and crosses that Eve kept hidden in her room. In the old days, that had seemed like good sense, living in Morganville. Now, it seemed like a recipe for domestic violence."

  • Claire is describing how it looked with her enemy Monica Morell standing on her doorstep. "It was like seeing Barbie and her friends, blown up life-sized and dressed like Old Navy mannequins. Tanned, toned, and perfect, from lip gloss to toenail polish."

The next set of quotes is from The Morganville Vampires Feast of Fools.

  • Claire is upset that Shane has to go to this vampire ball with this super pretty vampire that has the power to control him. "It was her turn to throw a fit, slam a door, and sulk, and darn it, she was going to do it well."

  • Eve just found out that Michael, her vampire boyfriend, invited Monica to the vampire ball. "I'm going to kill him, "Eve said, or at least that was what it sounded like filtered through the pillow. "Stake him right in the heart, shove garlic up his butt, and--and--" ... "When did you get home?" Claire demanded. "Apparently just in time to hear my funeral plans. I especially like the garlic up the butt. It's... different."

  • Claire and Shane went out on a real date and they see a jukebox. "That's the biggest iPod I've ever seen," Claire said. "Kidding. I have seen a jukebox before."

  • This is a conversation between Richard Morell, Monica's brother, and Claire. "What do you want, Richard?" "Good question," Richard said. "I guess I want a nice girl who can cook, likes action movies, and looks good in short skirts. But I'll settle for you taking the chain off the door and letting me in."

  • Myrnin, this crazy vampire that Claire has to work with to find a cure for the vampires says a few nonsense expressions that I absolutely loved. "libitor frenzy" "Claire, iguana time." This one is the best. In fact, I think that I will go around saying it now. "I feel acting."

  • Claire also thinks something completely obvious that I think is very satirical. "Neurological complications, of course, he did carve out part of his brain. That could have done some damage."

  • "Breathe," Myrnin said. "I'm not much for it myself, but I hear it's quite good for humans."

  • "I'm thinking we have about fifteen vampires and no blood," Claire said. "Is that it?" "No, I was thinking we're out of chips . Of course that was what I was thinking," said Shane.

  • Claire previously thought that crosses repelled vampires. "Crosses don't work," he said. "We all pretend they do, but they don't."
The next set of quotes comes from The Morganville Vampires Lord of Misrule.

  • This statement is sooooo true! Claire: "I think I need guy CliffsNotes." Eve: "Guys aren't deep enough to need CliffsNotes."

  • Claire is describing how the police in Morgansville have unusual equipment. Claire thinks, "Maybe instead of pepper spray, they have garlic spray." 

  • Amelie is leading Claire to Mrynin and Claire has no idea which hallway is which and she thinks, "Maybe we should drop crumbs. Or M&Ms. Or blood."

Alright, that is it for now, I have some things that I have been working on other than this. Like we have our second Debate meeting Wednesday and an officers meeting on Monday. I am working on a newsletter and a calender among some other handouts. I am kind of stressing because I will have like 2 weeks to teach the new Congressional Debate students everything they need to know before they compete at their first meet on October 8th. I mean I there's how to read the legislation, how to write a speech, what parliamentary procedure is and how to follow it, and I want to also run a mock with them so they can see for themselves what it is like. Not to mention working on speaking skills and basic research skills. Talk about enough to drive a girl crazy! At least I won't have a We the People essay due this week. Anyway, I want to finish up the handouts and all tonight before I go to bed, since tomorrow I will be working on homework, which also means posting more on here because I am very far behind. Like 3 weeks worth. I guess I just don't have enough hours in my day. I also promise to appreciate the next teacher that makes a newsletter because a lot of work goes into it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment